Frequently asked questions
Please find answers to common frequently asked questions below.
Does it hurt?
How much does it cost?
Can I use a numbing cream?
Are some colours harder to remove than others?
Can a tattoo be completely removed?
Is it safe?
How long will it take?
Are there certain conditions that mean i am uneligible for treatment?
Where do I start?
- Previous tattoo removal allergic reaction
- Blood thinning medication (except low dose Aspirin)
- Breast Feeding
- Rheumatoid arthritis “gold” therapy
- Keloid or very thick scarring
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT) within last 3 months
- Current treatment for pulmonary embolism / blood clot, leg ulcers or Phlebitis
- Graves Disease (Hyperthyroidism) / Hashimotos Disease
- Hypothyroidism and/or treatment with Thyroxine
- Multiple sclerosis
- Acute or chronic renal failure
- Collagen vascular diseases
- Chemotherapy / Radiotherapy within last 3 months
- Active infections, signs of irritation or inflammatory skin conditions at treatment site
- Currently pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Chronic disease (Crohn’s disease, IBD, etc.)
- Psoriasis or Vitiligo
- Bleeding abnormalities
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Tanned or sunburned skin in vicinity of tattoo
- Users of St. John’s Wort (herbal remedy) in past 3 months
A doctor's note may be obtained for customers experiencing the following treatments, illnesses, injuries, symptons or diseases:
- Herpes simplex (cold sores)
- Treatment with Ro-Accutane in the last 6 months
- Wearing perfumes, deodorants, sun block, essential oils or other skin lotions
- Transplant anti-rejection drugs
- Dark spots after pregnancy or after skin injury
- Implants, metal plates or pacemakers
- Taking any topical medication (e.g. hydrocortisone)
----If tattoo removal is on the face: